Saturday, December 13, 2008

Welcome to the World of Mathematics!

Hello everyone! Welcome to the World of Mathematics! This is the first entry of this special project of mine that I have always wanted to start, something that is the first of its kind on the internet. When I was still schooling in secondary school and in junior college, I always wanted a place where I can get everything I need to know about my favourite subject, Mathematics, and more. A place where I can get Mathematics papers for free (always believed in sharing instead of buying them!) and also interesting Mathematics ideas, concepts and maybe even the history of Mathematics and Mathematicians that we do not learn in the textbooks. A place where there is someone readily available to help me with questions that I am stuck in and clarify my doubts about several Mathematics concepts. A few months back, a good friend of mine gave me a book for my birthday titled "50 Mathematical Ideas You Really Need To Know" by Professor Tony Crilly. I was so engrossed in the book which gave me several insights into this wonderful world of Mathematics that I want to share it with everyone out there who are interested. I went back to the idea I thought of in school days and after much deliberation, mathsblogsg was born.

I will trawl through the internet to bring you interesting Mathematics stuffs every day if possible. In mathsblogsg, there will be comics, jokes, maths posers, introduction to famous mathematicians and concepts you do not learn in school, history of maths, recent maths news and even sale of maths tees designed by my friend and I and many many more!

I have also set up a gmail account to cater to students who have Mathematics questions that they cannot solve or any Mathematics concepts they cannot understand. Simply drop an email to askmeamathsquestion@gmail.com and I will try and reply within 48 hours from the time the email is sent!

I will also be collating Mathematics papers from all the schools in Singapore too! If you are a student currently schooling in any secondary school or junior college in Singapore and wishes to share your school's examination papers with the rest of the people out there for free, scan in a copy of it (with answers I hope!) and send it to askmeamathsquestion@gmail.com. I will list down the papers available on the column on the right once I have received it and make it available to everyone! If you want a particular paper, simply drop an email to the said address to enquire about it and I will try to send it to you within 48 hours of receiving it.

I hope that you, the reader, will join me in spreading the love and wonders of Mathematics to everyone out there! Cheers!

No comments: